Super Audio Collection Vol. 9
Super Audio Collection Vol. 9
Studio Master (192) FLAC
- Studio Master (192) ALAC
- Studio Master FLAC
- Studio Master ALAC
- CD Quality FLAC
- CD Quality ALAC
- Christen, ätzet diesen Tag, BWV 63: I. Christen, ätzet diesen TagComposer(s) Johann Sebastian BachArtist(s) John Butt Dunedin Consort
Christen, ätzet diesen Tag, BWV 63: I. Christen, ätzet diesen Tag05:23$2.30
- The Gadfly Suite, Op. 97a: Romance (Arr. K. Bryan & C. Hazell for Flute & Orchestra)Composer(s) Dmitri ShostakovichArtist(s) Jac van Steen Katherine Bryan: flute Royal Scottish National Orchestra
The Gadfly Suite, Op. 97a: Romance (Arr. K. Bryan & C. Hazell for Flute & Orchestra)03:27$2.30
- String Quartet in G Minor, Op. 10: II. Assez vif et bien rythme (arr. Jonathan Morton)Composer(s) Claude DebussyArtist(s) Jonathan Morton Scottish Ensemble
String Quartet in G Minor, Op. 10: II. Assez vif et bien rythme (arr. Jonathan Morton)04:06$2.30
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25: II. AndanteComposer(s) Felix MendelssohnArtist(s) Antonio Mendez Ingrid Fliter: piano Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Piano Concerto No. 1 in G Minor, Op. 25: II. Andante05:45$2.30
- Symphony No. 101 in D Major, Hob. I:101, "The Clock": II. AndanteComposer(s) Joseph HaydnArtist(s) Robin Ticciati Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Symphony No. 101 in D Major, Hob. I:101, "The Clock": II. Andante06:22$2.30
- Fantasia No. 3 in B Minor, TWV 40:4 (Transposed to D Minor): Largo - Vivace - Largo - VivaceComposer(s) Georg Philipp TelemannArtist(s) Pamela Thorby: recorder
Fantasia No. 3 in B Minor, TWV 40:4 (Transposed to D Minor): Largo - Vivace - Largo - Vivace02:17$2.30
- Idomeneo: Quanti mi siete intorno - Padre, germani, addio!Composer(s) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Lorenzo Da PonteArtist(s) Christian Baldini Elizabeth Watts: soprano Scottish Chamber Orchestra
Idomeneo: Quanti mi siete intorno - Padre, germani, addio!04:30$2.30
- Miserere mei, Deus (excerpt)Composer(s) Josquin des Prez Girolamo SavonarolaArtist(s) Philip Cave Magnificat
Miserere mei, Deus (excerpt)06:47$2.30
- Concerto for Violin and Oboe in C Minor, BWV 1060R: II. AdagioComposer(s) Johann Sebastian BachArtist(s) John Butt Cecilia Bernardini: violin, Alfredo Bernardini: oboe Dunedin Consort
Concerto for Violin and Oboe in C Minor, BWV 1060R: II. Adagio04:46$2.30
- HMS Pinafore: Act I, Recitative & Song. My gallant crew, good morningComposer(s) Arthur Sullivan William GilbertArtist(s) Richard Egarr Andrew Foster-Williams: baritone Scottish Opera
HMS Pinafore: Act I, Recitative & Song. My gallant crew, good morning02:16$2.30
- Rebonds: BComposer(s) Iannis XenakisArtist(s) KUNIKO
- West Side Story: Something's ComingComposer(s) Leonard Bernstein Stephen SondheimArtist(s) Barb Jungr
West Side Story: Something's Coming04:30$2.30
- Wild Is The WindComposer(s) Dimitri Tiomkin Ned WashingtonArtist(s) Liane Carroll
Wild Is The Wind03:15$2.30
- Come Dance With MeComposer(s) Jimmy Van Heusen Sammy CahnArtist(s) Claire Martin & Ray Gelato
Come Dance With Me04:13$2.30
Total running time: 63 minutes.
The ninth collection of tracks originally compiled from Linn's Super Audio CD catalogue. Please note the digital download is not in surround sound.
This eclectic selection has been compiled with the love and attention to detail that you would expect from an award-winning label. Producer Philip Hobbs has carefully selected these fourteen tracks which demonstrate the extraordinary breadth of the Linn catalogue.
The collection opens with Dunedin Consort performing Bach from the album Magnificat & Christmas Cantata, a recording that received a wealth of five star reviews and accolades.
Stepping into the soloist spotlight are Classic FM favourite Katherine Bryan, Palladian Ensemble alumni Pamela Thorby and Ingrid Fliter, who gives a sparkling performance of Mendelssohn's Piano Concerto.
Vocal highlights include soprano Elizabeth Watts' characterful Mozart - a BBC Music Magazine 'Recording of the Month' - and a G&S classic from HMS Pinafore, wittily sung by Andrew Foster-Williams.
Robin Ticciati and the Scottish Chamber Orchestra give fresh impetus to Haydn's popular 'Clock' Symphony, whilst Scottish Ensemble presents a brand new arrangement of Debussy's String Quartet in G.
The collection closes with a trio of songs from Linn's transatlantic jazz roster: Barb Jungr and Laurence Hobgood breathe fresh lift into a modern standard, Liane Carroll's Seaside, named 'Best New CD' at the British Jazz Awards, yields music with a seashore theme, whilst the swinging pairing of Claire Martin and Ray Gelato serve up some of the most sumptuous morsels in the Great American Songbook.