Dance With Me
Dance With Me
Studio Master FLAC
- Studio Master ALAC
- CD Quality FLAC
- CD Quality ALAC
- Moonlight SerenadeComposer(s) Glenn MillerArtist(s) Barbara Hannigan Lucienne Renaudin Vary Ludwig Orchestra
- Quien seraComposer(s) Beltran LuizArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra Berlage Saxophone Quartet
- YoukaliComposer(s) Kurt WeillArtist(s) Barbara Hannigan Ludwig Orchestra
- CopacabanaComposer(s) Barry ManilowArtist(s) Lucienne Renaudin Vary Ludwig Orchestra
- Fluffy RufflesComposer(s) George Hamilton GreenArtist(s) Barbara Hannigan Ludwig Orchestra
- Je veux t'aimerComposer(s) Robert StolzArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra
Je veux t'aimer04:25$2.30
- WhisperingComposer(s) John SchönbergerArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra
- My ShawlComposer(s) Xavier CugatArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra
- I Could Have Danced All NightComposer(s) Frederick LoeweArtist(s) Barbara Hannigan Ludwig Orchestra
I Could Have Danced All Night02:58$2.30
- In the MoodComposer(s) Wingy ManoneArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra Berlage Saxophone Quartet
In the Mood03:35$2.30
- LambadaComposer(s) KaomaArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra Berlage Saxophone Quartet
- Salut d'amourComposer(s) Edward ElgarArtist(s) Ludwig Orchestra
Total running time: 46 minutes.
The Grammy-Award winning trio of Ludwig Orchestra, Barbara Hannigan and arranger Bill Elliott are reunited for this joyful celebration of dance music. It promises to be a party like no other.
This album celebrates dance music, from waltz to tango, from slow foxtrot to quickstep, from samba to jive. Seventy years of music rooted in the 1920s, assembled by the enthusiastic musicians of the Ludwig Orchestra, who have taken to playing them at festivals, alongside their usual programmes devoted to Stravinsky or Schoenberg, to get the audience dancing – a phenomenal success story that now becomes an album, Dance With Me! For this project, the Ludwig musicians naturally turned to a partner dear to their hearts, Barbara Hannigan, with whom they recorded the famous recording Crazy Girl Crazy (ALPHA293), which received a Grammy Award in 2018, in collaboration with composer-arranger Bill Elliott.
‘I was thrilled to go back to this aspect of my musical roots, to reawaken special memories of singing and playing keyboards with a dance band in Nova Scotia’, says Barbara Hannigan. ‘Couples were smiling and dancing to tunes like Moonlight Serenade and In the Mood with a few polkas thrown in towards the end of the evening.’ The Canadian soprano performs four songs, including I could have danced all night, Moonlight Serenade and Kurt Weill’s famous and moving Youkali. More musicians round out the guest-list for the party – the trumpeter Lucienne Renaudin-Vary and the Berlage Saxophone Quartet. Dance with me: an invitation to feel happy and light-hearted, quite an achievement these days . . .