Unwrap Award Winners
Unwrap Award Winners
We are thrilled to share this collection of award-winning artists and recordings with you. Showcasing music which has been singled out by juries and critics across the world, this selection will introduce you to the very best that 2020 has to offer.
Three Linn artists won major awards this year: Francesco Piemontesi won the Swiss Music Prize and his album of Mozart Piano Concertos is also nominated for a 2021 ICMA; Scottish Ensemble received a wonderful fiftieth birthday present when they were named winners of the Ensemble category at the Royal Philharmonic Society Awards; and Maxim Emelyanychev won a Young Talent Award from The Music Section of the Critics’ Circle, who singled out his debut recording with the Scottish Chamber Orchestra for particular praise.
Gramophone awarded Martin Helmchen’s recording with DSO Berlin & Andrew Manze a special Beethoven 250 Award, with further awards for Sandrine Piau and Veress: String Trio - Bartók: Piano Quintet’ by an all-star cast of virtuoso soloists – a double award winner which also triumphed at the BBC Music Magazine Awards. In France Diapason awarded prizes to Veronique Gens, Paavo Järvi and Bor Zuljan, whilst Barbara Hannigan won a Choc de l’année award from Classica and a Japanese Record Academy Award, and in Germany Vienne 1900 was awarded the prestigious Preis der deutschen Schallplattenkritik.
The following albums have tracks which are featured on the collection and are available to download in Studio Master:
- Schubert: Symphony No. 9 in C major, 'The Great', D. 944 by Maxim Emelyanychev & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- Mozart: Piano Concertos Nos. 19 & 27, Rondo K. 386 by Francesco Piemontesi, Andrew Manze & Scottish Chamber Orchestra
- La Passione by Barbara Hannigan & Ludwig Orchestra
- Dowland: A Fancy by Bor Zuljan
- Nuits by Véronique Gens & I Giardini
- Si j'ai aimé by Sandrine Piau
- Debussy & Takemitsu for strings by Scottish Ensemble
- Veress: String Trio - Bartók: Piano Quintet by Nicolas Altstaedt, Alexander Lonquich, Vilde Frang, Lawrence Power & Barnabás Kelemen
- Beethoven: Piano Concertos 2 & 5 "Emperor" by Martin Helmchen, Andrew Manze & Deutsches Symphonie-Orchester Berlin
- Erkki-Sven Tüür: Mythos by Estonian Festival Orchestra & Paavo Järvi
- Vienne 1900 by Emmanuel Pahud, Paul Meyer, Daishin Kashimoto, Zvi Plesser & Éric Le Sage